Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Finding a mold infestation in your home or business in Fort Collins is never a good sign. Usually, a mold infestation stems from an underlying water damage event. However, in some cases, mold can grow from excess humidity alone. If your home or business suffers from mold damage, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of Fort Collins team a call! Our team is the #1 leader in mold damage cleanup and remediation in the area and always available to help, no matter the day or hour.
Down below you will learn more about what you can do while you wait for our SERVPRO crew to arrive and help.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (970) 493-6335
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Fort Collins for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Fort Collins has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Fort Collins proudly serves Fort Collins and surrounding areas.